Friday, January 29, 2010

Y'all ready for This?

Coach Duane brought something to practice for me last night. He'd been going through his archives. I showed it to some teammates, who said things like, "Hey, no goggles!!!" And the guy holding the gun? That's Dad! A click should get you close enough to see some of the names on the club record board!



Duane and I also had a chat about Nationals events, and have reached some tentative conclusions.* In the meantime, Nepean's long course meet is a go at the end of February, so I'm planning to swim the 100 fly, 50 breast, 50 fly and 800 free then.

*When we have an actual conclusion, you'll be among the first to know!

11 comments:

Liz said...

What a great picture! That is really excellent.

Brent Buckner said...

O.M.G.

Also, today's wordver: "disch" (!)

Lily on the Road said...

Oh I'll have to click it to big it...let me know when you're competing in February, I'd love to come and cheer you on!

Andrea said...

Still small but Mighty! That's Wendy!

Tony Austin said...

Carpe Diem, Carpe Diem, Carpe Diem!

Danielle said...

Gosh, no goggles?! I bet there was a lot of swimming into lane lines :-)

Jenny Davidson said...

Truly delightful, Wendy!

Black Knight said...

Great picture!!! Thinking to enter some swimming race very soon, maybe the 1500 f.s.

Jane said...

Now that's fun swim history!

Wendy said...

Thanks folks!

Danielle, not really -- even goggle free the line on the bottom is pretty plain.

P.S. Black Knight -- the 1500 is a great choice for you!

ShirleyPerly said...

Very cool! I hope you are able to get a copy to frame for yourself.